Tuesday, December 18, 2012

Vespertine





Vespertine is yet another song I improvised at an impromptu writing session at the Sound Thought recording studio. I laid down the track fairly fast and then took it home so I write a proper melody. After coming up with and layering a 4-part synthesizer hook, I challenged Inohs Sivad to perform it vocally. When I returned to the studio a few days later, I was pleasantly surprised with what I heard; She'd breathed a life into part(s) I hadn't expected to heard.

  As I said, I did all of the playing/programming on this track while Shoni did the vocals. As it stands, it's an interlude for my debut album but it's also in the running (with 3 other interludes) to be turned into a full length song for the CD. Go to www.damonwarmack.com and go to the SURVEY section for the song you like the most.

Be Good,
DLW

No comments:

Post a Comment