Tuesday, November 27, 2012

Evolving








Evolving is a song I wrote instrumentally for my friend Inohs Sivad's sophomore project Changes a few years back, circa 2006/2007. I pretty much improvised the core of the tune in one pass at the studio, melody and all. The bridge came a bit later, I think. Inohs and another close friend, La Shaun phoenix Moore, completed the lyrics and bridge melody (I was absent for this part) and Inohs altered the arrangement to the ethereal track that you can hear on the record.

While I dig what she did with it (it fit the mood of the lyrics perfectly) I really wanted to put forth my original vision of the song. I thought of it as a rainy-day song, with more than a passing resemblance to Visions by Stevie Wonder.  As it stands, it's an interlude for my debut album but it's also in the running (with 3 other interludes) to be turned into a full length song for the CD. Go to www.damonwarmack.com and go to the SURVEY section for the song you like the most.


Be Good,
DLW

1 comment:

  1. Evolving is one of the best songs I've ever written. I literally had to get into Inohs' mind to extract her feelings about her personal evolution as a woman. What was dope, was the fact that at the time it mirrored my own position. It was the last song we added to her album and one of my personal favorites. Second favorite off that album is tied between Changes (where we drank so much wine and recorded the session) and Serenade (where you played you butt off).

    Thanks for this sweet memory!

    ReplyDelete